[Klug-general] The most secure Linux laptop in the world

Alan at COMM-TECH alan at communitytechnology.org.uk
Tue Nov 27 18:50:08 GMT 2007

Check out Gentoo. You use emerge (a bit like apt/yum) to build your
installation specifically around a particular task rather rather then
remoulding an existing distro. Many distros run lots of eye-candy and
default services that you probably don't need, the more services the
more opportunities for vulnerabilities, Less phat = more secure. In theory..

For example use
nmap 127.0.0.1
and see what your running ;)

Alan