[Klug-general] Information

rich-ayres at tiscali.co.uk rich-ayres at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 15:09:39 BST 2007

Hi All,
 I am a linux user (Ubuntu) of some three years standing who now feels
that he would like to know more about what's under the bonnet. Can
anyone recommend a book that will lead me gently through the processes
involved at boot up explaining the function of the various folder
contents. Although Man pages are usually quite comprehensive they
usually assume knowledge I do not have and I frequently find myself in
a cart before the horse situation. I have to own to being 60 next year
and my computing experience was MS/DOS on isolated machines, so while
the command line holds no fears, networking is a mystery. Incidently it
would be nice to here from any linux users from around here Ashford
area with a bit of time to devote to an old dog trying hard to learn
new tricks
       Richard