[Klug-general] Mandriva Installfest [WAS Dartford meeting in November?]

Margot margot at lawrence1961.f9.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 09:49:55 BST 2007

Colin McCarthy wrote:
> On 10/3/07, Karl Buckland <karl at digital-end.com> wrote:
>> Colin McCarthy wrote:
>>>
>>> I think that is a really good idea and could work really well just as
>>> long as enough KLUGGERS got involved.  It would take some planning to
>>> make the most of the day, like advertising, sorting out power and
>>> equipment we might need.  If we did do it, it would make sense to try
>>> and do it on the 17th November if the hall was available in Dartford.
>>>
>>> Any one else interested in this idea?
>>>
>>> Colin
>> Definetly. This is even enough notice for me to be quite sure that I
>> won't be busy on those dates!
>>
>> --
>> Karl Buckland
>>

> Ok so that's three people interested in the idea, probably need double that
> to make it work.  Anyone else think this is a good idea and want to get
> involved?  Will have to get a plan in motion if this will go ahead.
>
> Colin

If any of you are worried about putting your names forward because
you don't think you are 'expert' enough to help with installing
Mandriva,

(a) you can download an earlier of Mandriva and practise in advance

ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/iso/

(b) I don't mind turning up early on the day and giving a private
tutorial to KLUG members before letting you loose on the public!

--
Margot