[Klug-general] Mandriva Installfest [WAS Dartford meeting in November?]

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 6 08:16:10 BST 2007

OK a few more thoughts on this

- is it better to call it a 'linux installfest' rather then a 'mandriva' one
and offer both mandriva and ubuntu? Is their more chance that people will
have heard of linux then of either ubuntu or mandriva?

- If we were to provide both mandriva and ubuntu how would we pitch the
distros without confusing the hell out of people?

- There is no internet at the venue. I can work on supplying 'apt on cd' for
ubuntu builds to get them upto date and provide any extra packages. it there
something similar for mandriva

- I take it we'll be offering the free version of mandriva 'free' or 'one'.
Do these versions have out of box multimedia support or can this be easily
added? As part of any ubuntu builds that are done we will likely need to
install  all the gstreamer sets, lame and flash in order to provide a
'fully' functional box.

dan