[Klug-general] LinuxConf 2007

james snyder james.snyder at linuxmail.org
Wed Sep 5 18:32:14 BST 2007

Karl Lattimer & I went up to the LinuxConf Europe 2007 Conference and Tutorials in Cambridge. We talked mostly with the following people about Linux:

LPI & Linuxgym

John Kacur - IBM Canada Ltd.
Integrating IBM's real-time Java with the -rt Linux patch set

Michael Meeks - Novell, Inc
IO/grind - A new profiler

Alp Toker - Collabora Ltd.
WebKit/Gtk+: An alternative browser engine for the free desktop

Linus Torvalds	-Advanced Git BOF

Alain Williams - UK Unix User Group

Karl L. gave thanks to Linus for the Kernel whilst I talked with Linus about his experiences in Cambridge and mentioned that 'I am a big fan' (yes I was such a start-struck idiot I know).
All in all a really worthwhile event. Why don't we have an event in Kent?