[Klug-general] Triple boot suggestions

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 07:39:54 BST 2007

Hi all, I would like some advise and suggestions about how to best 'triple
boot' my new computer.  I have done the old google thing and found lots of
posts about triple booting however all the How-to's seem to be written using
a single hard disk.  I plan to have one 80GB disk for Ubuntu, then one 160GB
disk partitioned for XP and Vista.  I am then going to have a 500GB drive
for shared data.  All the drives are SATA.

So should I start with Ubuntu first or the MS installs?  This guide (
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=220452) says XP first. And this
guide (
http://www.hevnikov.com/blog/2006/11/13/triple-boot-xp-vista-ubuntu-with-single-boot-screen/)
Ubuntu first.  I am not bothered about having a single boot manager. I will
mainly be using Ubuntu, so am happy for Grub to give me Ubuntu and Windows
OS option and then having another Vista Boot Manager for XP and Vista.

Thanks
Colin