[Klug-general] Help

Philippe Yates philippe.y at franciscans.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 12:24:57 BST 2008

Kevin Groves wrote:
> Yes Blake did mention that to me. I'm just the other side of town so I
> can pop round sometime in the next couple of weeks or so.
>
> Email me Blake off list and we can arrange something. It's quite handy
> having someone around for a problematic first install. If it goes badly
> wrong it could put you off.
>
> Kev,

I remember my first install - of SuSe 8.1 - which turned out to be just
such a nightmare because I ignored the red warnings in the setup. I had
backups of data from a month before but lost all my emails. Anyway, it
didn't put me off, I realised I had just been stupid.
Incidentally, I have recently been given an Everex Cloudbook with
gOS/ubuntu on it. I'm learning how to play around with it but it seems
to pick up wifi very easily and is very light and handy (and at $400 -
£200 quite cheap too). I am happy with it because I am not infrequently
on the road and having teh capability of being in contact with my home
community is very useful.
If I can make a Canterbury meeting and, as the jargon goes, "delurk" -
some of you more technical bods might be interested in looking at it.
Philippe

--

Br. Philippe Yates, OFM
Principal