[Klug-general] OOo ver 3 incompatibility

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 11 14:59:05 UTC 2008

That sounds like a kind invitation from MikeE, but I don't undestand
most of it. In the meantime I have taken all my Ooo off my machine
because I read a bit on page 19 of the most recent (Jan 2009!) edition
of Linux Format which says there is a different fork of Ooo available
called Go-oo. But it needs a machine free of previous versions.

I've visited that web-site and tried downloading stuff but all I get is
a tiny rpm which installs to not much at all. There appears to be
something .yum but I don't know what a yum is. You mention it so perhaps
you could advise me what to do.

Because the rpm didn't seem to work for me I downladed the tarball and
unapcked it and ./configure'd it but that failed with several bits
missing (whatever they are).

I get the feeling if I could do this yum thing I could get a different
version of Ooo ver3 and I could see if it would run on my PC without
crashing part of KDE.

MikeR