[Klug-general] Help with Myth

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Sun Dec 28 16:11:34 UTC 2008

On 18/12/08 Paul Littlefield wrote:
> If you give me a few days of playing, I will let you have my tales of woe...

OK, here goes...

1. Every few days, I cannot watch TV. It loses the signal completely and cannot lock onto any channel. The error goes something like "You should have got a signal lock by now, you can wait or change input". I have tried (a) waiting, (b) restarting the backend and (c) rebooting. Only a reboot fixes it.

2. Cannot play or rip DVDs. /var/log/syslog says "I/O error".

3. Haven't got a server <---> client system working yet. It finds the MySQL Database on the server, but will not stream any live TV or recordings!

Here are my mythbox specs:-
* Asus Pundit P3-AH2
* AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
* 2Gb RAM
* nVidia Ubuntu Graphics Driver version 177
* MythTV version 0.210 (Mythbuntu 8.10 AMD64 version)
* Hauppage Nova-T-500 WinTV PCI

Apart from these niggles, the system is great; recordings play well, sound is fine, the twin-tuner works.

I have to keep going with this, because it is now my only option.

Your ideas and comments are appreciated.

Regards

PAULLY