[Klug-general] CLI command

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Fri Feb 1 19:40:44 GMT 2008

> After all - you never know where the Other Operating System
> might creep in do you?

which one?

I've only ever seen it say sunos, solaris, irix, aix, and linux etc...?

Windows doesn't have a uname command, I believe the etymology of it
comes from "UNIX name" ;) I would be scared if MS included one, it would
be like WTF day no.2, because it looks like MS are about to spend all
their cash in the bank on yahoo (apparently they have about $50bn in
actual money, and they're buying yahoo for something like $44bn), making
them almost broke-ish but betting on beating google... So WTF day seems
to be today, welcome to the twilight zone.

Little known factoid of nonsense: the unix commands mv, cp etc... the
two letter commands are two letters because they only took up 2 ascii
bytes and could fit nicely into the processor registers (16bit) :)

K,