[Klug-general] Canterbury this Saturday

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 09:46:59 GMT 2008

On 21/02/2008, Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Karl Buckland <karl at digital-end.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is there any parking on the site or nearby?
> >
> > I think that the cheapest parking would be the park & ride?
> >
> > Karl
> >

> According to the University site there is no parking onsite, unless pre
> booked.
> I don't know the area at all, I have just see the car parks listed on the
> map.
> Maybe a 'local' can scout out the best/cheapest one for us.
>
> Colin

This is old so don't trust it.

Parking in Canterbury is not easy and can be quite expensive.....

There are quite a few long and short stay car parks of the Christchurch side
on town, most of them cost the same give or take due to them being council
run. Quite a lot of the Residential roads are permit based, so you need to
be careful. It may be advisable to park away from the town center which may
be quieter.

My knowledge is a bit out of date however. (Left UKC back in 2000)

Peter.