[Klug-general] Canterbury this Saturday

jon at schmoo.plus.com jon at schmoo.plus.com
Thu Feb 21 10:04:57 GMT 2008

> On 21/02/2008, Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Karl Buckland <karl at digital-end.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Is there any parking on the site or nearby?
>> >
>> > I think that the cheapest parking would be the park & ride?
>> >
>> > Karl
>> >

>> According to the University site there is no parking onsite, unless pre
>> booked.
>> I don't know the area at all, I have just see the car parks listed on
>> the
>> map.
>> Maybe a 'local' can scout out the best/cheapest one for us.
>>
>> Colin
>>

> This is old so don't trust it.
>
> Parking in Canterbury is not easy and can be quite expensive.....
>
> There are quite a few long and short stay car parks of the Christchurch
> side
> on town, most of them cost the same give or take due to them being council
> run. Quite a lot of the Residential roads are permit based, so you need to
> be careful. It may be advisable to park away from the town center which
> may
> be quieter.
>
> My knowledge is a bit out of date however. (Left UKC back in 2000)
>
> Peter.

Actually there is quite a bit of free parking along North Holmes Road
itself at weekends. Normally it is residents only during the week I think
but it is free at weekends. Can't remember the maximum stay off the top of
my head but I think it is around 4 hours. It can get pretty busy but @ 10
it should still be relatively clear. It's where the wife and I park if we
are popping in to Canterbury for a bit or retail therapy.

Jon