[Klug-general] PC builder recommentation

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 18:04:02 GMT 2008

Mike, George and Paul,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I had a poke around on microdirect and

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/(21203)HP-Compaq-Business-DC5750-AMDX2-4200-1GB.aspx

Looks closer to my ideal George.  I don't know whether 64bit is the
route to take, and it probably doesn't meet my 'near silent' criteria.
I'm sick of sitting in my study with the PC droning away.  However it's
the right shape and has pretty much everything included.  I'd have to
research the graphics card etc for drivers, but at £415 inc VAT it's
very reasonable.

Of course Birchington might not be far for you guys - it's very nearly
the end of the world for me!  (Well not quite as far as Thailand, but it
might as well be.)

Anyways, I'll certainly drop Gavin a line and see what he can come up with.

Regards,
Mike