[Klug-general] Bill Gates made Frankenstein Software Industry

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jan 15 14:03:54 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 01:45:33PM +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> To be honest Alan, I think you shouldn't really make requests like this,

Why? You're suggesting that it's okay for people to whitter on about any old
crap on the list and nobody is allowed to protest. That's not open that's
madness.

> With a free and open list, which discusses free and open topics, you
> can't ask other people to stop talking about something because you have
> tired of it, it contradicts the notion of freedom, and openness.

Of course you can _ask_ people to stop. Whether they comply or carry on is
another matter.

> I for one found the recent round of speculation quite interesting.

That really doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Al.