[Klug-general] Bill Gates made Frankenstein Software Industry

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Jan 15 14:25:19 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 14:03 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 01:45:33PM +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> > To be honest Alan, I think you shouldn't really make requests like this,
>
> Why? You're suggesting that it's okay for people to whitter on about any old
> crap on the list and nobody is allowed to protest. That's not open that's
> madness.

I don't see how this is any old crap, sure the topic changes shouldn't
have been made, but in all seriousness its not _THAT_ far off topic.

> > With a free and open list, which discusses free and open topics, you
> > can't ask other people to stop talking about something because you have
> > tired of it, it contradicts the notion of freedom, and openness.
> >

> Of course you can _ask_ people to stop. Whether they comply or carry on is
> another matter.

I think even asking people to stop with something like this isn't
helpful, it ends up getting too close to censorship.

> > I for one found the recent round of speculation quite interesting.
> >

> That really doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

FYI: The reason I found it interesting, is because of the causality
aspect, not because it involved Bill Gates, but of course for someone
who knows me as well as you allegedly do you should have known that,
right?

I don't think you know me well enough to make judgments like that about
me. If I make a statement about myself that's one thing, but for you to
use that statement to make a half way insulting comment is a ridiculous
way to behave.

If you want to have a go at me in future, don't make snide comments,
confront me head on.

K,