[Klug-general] Bill Gates made Frankenstein Software Industry

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jan 15 14:33:07 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:20:14PM +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> I don't see how this is any old crap, sure the topic changes shouldn't
> have been made, but in all seriousness its not _THAT_ far off topic.

Repeatedly bashing Bill Gates is on-topic for this list is it?

> > Of course you can _ask_ people to stop. Whether they comply or carry on is
> > another matter.
>
> I think even asking people to stop with something like this isn't
> helpful, it ends up getting too close to censorship.

Not really. You can blow it up as a censorship issue if you like but that's
not the intention. I was merely irritated by the repeated non-threaded Bill
Gates bashing. If it was one thread maybe I could ignore it, but repeatedly
it becomes tiresome.

> > That really doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
>
> FYI: The reason I found it interesting, is because of the causality
> aspect, not because it involved Bill Gates, but of course for someone
> who knows me as well as you allegedly do you should have known that,
> right?

I never gave any indication as to why I thought you might find those threads
interesting. Now you're trying to second guess why I am not surprised. Who's
making judgements now?

> I don't think you know me well enough to make judgments like that about
> me. If I make a statement about myself that's one thing, but for you to
> use that statement to make a half way insulting comment is a ridiculous
> way to behave.

Ditto.

> If you want to have a go at me in future, don't make snide comments,
> confront me head on.

Feel free to carry on with these confrontational mails Karl, but I really
don't think it's helping.

Al.