[Klug-general] ultra thin Apple Notebooks

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 09:57:15 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 09:24 +0000, George Prowse wrote:
> Karl Lattimer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 08:34 +0000, George Prowse wrote:
> >> Anyone know anything about the Apple Notebooks that are meant to be the
> >> thinnest in the world? I read about them on the way back from london
> >> last night but the free papers never have much info in them
> >
> > Personally I think they're not what I'd expect from apple. Sure the
> > design is nice but they seem to be lacking something.
> >
> > I'm happy to stick with my macbook, but the interesting points about
> > macbook air are, no CD/DVD drive, 1 USB port, fairly fast machine for
> > what it is, 5 hours battery life and an LED backlit display. The battery
> > isn't replaceable however.
> >
> > In the same way that apple seem to be lacking something in this years
> > macworld expo, steve jobs also seemed a little drained, I suspect that
> > something may be going on with him, possibly the return of his cancer.
> >
> > More info of course is on www.apple.com
> > K,
> >

> Sounds like a case of aesthetics over productivity

>From my point of view the aesthetics of macs now are present regardless
of the productivity... This machine says to me, we want to shift the
laptop paradigm but we don't know where to!

I would have expected them to have produced a replacement for the
missing 12" powerbook which I have to say is the mac I loved the most.
My powerbook was so nice to use and so perfectly small. Instead we now
have these 13" widescreen macbooks which are great machines, and fast
too but there was something about the 12" metal powerbook that spoke to
many users.

K,