[Klug-general] ultra thin Apple Notebooks

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 10:04:25 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 09:59 +0000, George Prowse wrote:
> Karl Buckland wrote:
> > George Prowse wrote:

> >> I really can't see who they are marketing it to though. It's like a
> >> normal apple notebook... just thinner and crapper
> >>
> > I think you're underestimating the number of people who will buy one
> > simply because it looks cool and is trendy.
> >
> Personally, I think it is as cool as Jeremy Clarkson's wardrobe...
>
> Who would buy one without a CD/DVD player? Weird...

My thoughts exactly... However, many UMPC or subnotebooks lack CD/DVD
drives.

So its something in between a UMPC and a subnotebook as its got a full
size screen and keyboard but the same retardation of such machines...

Makes you think doesn't it, if they're trying to shift a paradigm they
really haven't thought it through. I must say, I'm not in the slightest
bit impressed. Some of the other announcements were pretty cool, like an
airport base station with a hard drive for backup, this sounds like a
good idea... the airport base stations are pretty impressive anyway,
including USB ports for printers etc... Even so, I'm generally a fan of
apple hardware but this just seems like a paris hilton device.

K,