[Klug-general] Re: The August meeting? Location idea

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:02:50 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> Planning ahead, a few of us on IRC have been talking about a possible
> location for the August meeting.
>
> We could just have a normal meeting some place like Ashford (if it's
> available) or some where new and sandy like the beach.
>
> I am not around for the August meeting, so I would like to leave it up
> to those who would attend to decide and arrange.  To help I have
> created a Poll on the website, about a beach meeting.
>
> http://www.kent.lug.org.uk/content/would-you-attend-meeting-beach
>
> What are peoples thoughts on this?  Would you go?

Ok so the poll has been running for almost a week and the results to
the question,
'Would you attend a meeting on the beach?' are

No - lets stick to a normal meeting 1 vote
Yes - my bucket and spade is already packed 12 votes
Maybe - I don't really like getting sand in my toes 1 vote

So it seems the people have voted for a beach meeting as our August
meet.  All we need now is said 'people' to step forward and organise
it, like which beach and who's bring the industrial strength suntan
lotion and jumbo basting brush.
Geeks aren't used to the sun I hear :-)

Colin