[Klug-general] KLUG - Karoshi Doc Project

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 27 11:33:16 BST 2008

I know a bit about scribus and have used quark express in the past on which
scribus is based. It is an extremely powerful desktop publishing program.
Very good for setting up print publications and design work.

I could well be used for producing a final printed document, flyers, posters
and the like. But it is not a collaborative program.

My personal feeling is that a wiki is the way to go to start with as it has
a low barrier to entry, is easy to set up and will let people get cracking.
The wiki can then be made available to the public and latter converted into
a printed doc via latex or scribus if paper documentation is needed.

I think that there is maybe a bigger issue to start with though which how
are people supposed to be collecting the information to use in the
documentation? The only way i can think of doing this at the moment is via
Vms  which means people are going to need machines with enough grunt to run
a small vm networ or spare machines.

Mikes suggestion of a virutal meeting is probably the best way to get
cracking on this though.