[Klug-general] KLUG - Karoshi Doc Project

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 11:29:12 BST 2008

> I seem to have completely missed everything about karoshi, can anyone
> bring me up to date?

1)  There was a suggestion that KLUG should have or contribute to an
open source project.

2)  Over the course of a couple of meetings (one dover one canterbury)
some ideas were brainstormed.  It was agreed that as a first involvement
we should a) contribute to an existing project, b) go for something
which would involve as many people and their skillsets as possible,
rather than just programming.

3)  We settled on writing documentation for the Karochi project as our
first thing.  The idea was that we could produce documentation in a
number of different formats.  This would involve investigative skills.
authoring skills, editorial skills, and then things like layout and
mark-up in order to produce PDF or paper versions.

4) Colin set up a demo at Dover, but they messed up the room booking,
which is where we came in with Richie Fraser's email at the start of
this thread.

Mike