[Klug-general] Shockwave Flash for Seamonkey

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 28 12:06:45 BST 2008

Good morning all,

I have Firefox (don't we all?) and that works fine on my Mandriva 2008
for all sorts of web pages with Flash attachments but my full
installation of SeaMonkey always trips up and I get the 'Download and
install' message.

Done that, blipped the .rpm and it says it is installed and it ain't.

The blurb on the download page says that libflashlayer.so should be
installed in the mozilla plugins directory. I've done that to the
.mozilla directory in my user sub. It also says that flashplayer.xpt
should be installed in the mozilla components directory.

Er... sorry to be thick but what is the mozilla components directory? I
don't seem to have one, or I can't find it if there is one.

I need to have this in SeaMonkey as many email correspondents send
references to clips in YouTube etc that I am supposed to view and I
can't without cutting and pasting the reference from Seamonkey into the
stand-alone Firefox. That's a bit laborious.

It all worked once, but since I resiled from 64bit to 32bit to get some
sound - now it don't.

All offerings gratefully received.

MikeR
in Folkestone