[Klug-general] loss of internet

Karl Buckland karl at digital-end.com
Fri Jun 6 13:47:28 BST 2008

When it doesn't work in Ubuntu are you still receiving an IP address (and
default route, DNS, etc) on your network?

You can test this by right-clicking on the network manager applet in your
notification area (top right) and selecting 'Connection Information'. This
screen will also show you the driver in use.

If you have values there and they look sensible then there's something else
wrong. Maybe the driver has known issues. Have a look on the Ubuntu wiki or
search ubuntuforums.org (or post information here and we'll have a look).
Also, more information (the computer you're using mfor example) won't hurt.

Karl