[Klug-general] loss of internet

Blake Slade ottawa_can at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 11:40:35 BST 2008

J D Freeman wrote:

I really do not know what is wrong. When I boot up I get 2 Ubuntus and 2
Vistas. When I boot Ubuntu sometimes there is an Ethernet connection
such as I am using (about 1 in 4). I like the Ubuntu. My computer is
newish an HP with 3 gig ram, 500 gig hard drive and an Intel core 2 duo
4500. So comments about old computers do not apply. The Ubuntu is the
new 8.04 with extras of a July cover disk.

Obviously something is wrong with the installation. I am thinking of
phoning Kevin for help as he lives just 1/2 mile away, but I thought I
should try the group first if people can try not to be too technical. I
would appreciate the help.