[Klug-general] Is the worm slowly turning?

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 11:23:56 BST 2008

Karl Lattimer wrote:
>> I appreciate that where threads involving myself and you are concerned
>> there is something of a history, and thus I tolerate your abusive, rude,
>> insulting behaviour. However, here you are attacking someone who from
>> what I can tell has not got a history of such things.
>
> As I tollerate your constant opposition to everything I say.
>
>> I think calling him a "fucking idiot!" on a first time offense is going
>> abit far.
>
> I apologise for that, but when I get up first thing in the morning after
> I've tried to stop an argument going further and someone is still trying to
> have a go at me, before my mind is in gear I reacted.
>
> However I feel as if there is a core of people on this list who will,
> regardless of what I say intend to attack me. Making the statement that the
> aim of the discussion was to prove me wrong is the wrong direction to take
> a discussion in. The discussion was originally on another subject, and the
> anally retentive without the bigger picture in mind picked up on minor
> issues and ran with them.
>
> Its time people start to read the content, rather than the things they
> disagree with. There is no need to argue the toss over someone elses
> opinion, they are opinions after all and we're allowed to have them. I can
> argue my opinion if someone wants to contradict it, but continuing to
> contradict, then make out that it is your intention to argue with someone,
> is not conducive to a productive discussion.
>
> I was actually hoping to discuss the miriad of MIDs and other devices
> utilising Linux and making the worm turn, however the discussion was
> highjacked by people who simply want an argument. And not even an important
> argument, but an argument about opinions which can depending on your point
> of view be valid either way.
>
> BR,
>  K,

Although there is an element of truth in this, you were out of order.
You apologised and that should be the end of it for everyone.

It's only fun when it's Gnome v KDE, vim v emacs or Debian v everybody :)

Joke for everyone:

There were three strings that walked into the bar. They sat down and
they didn''t get waited on so the first string walked up to the bar and
asked for three beers. The bartender said, ''I'm sorry buddy we don''t
serve strings in here.'' The string walks back to the table and and
tells his friends what the bartender said.

''I''ve been here before and gotten a drink, I''ll go get us something
to drink,'''' said the second string. The second sting walks up to the
bar and politely asks the bartender for three beers.

The bartender says, ''I thought I told your buddy we don't serve strings
in here.''' So the second string walks back and and tells his friends
what has happened.

The thrid string says '''Oh, I come in here all the time, I know how to
order something to drink'' The third sting walks to the restroom where
he ties himself up and muffs up his end. He then walks out to the bar
and asks the bartender for three beers.

The bartender kind of looks at him weird and says, ''You a string?''

"Frayed knot,''he replies.