[Klug-general] Help with Linux TV Server (Myth) Needed?

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 21:45:17 BST 2008

Following a great demonstration of what Myth can do at the meet hmm
now some two weeks ago, I decided to have another go at getting a box
up and running, here we go

Its a dual core AMD 64 bit machine with 2Gb of memory with two hmm
300Gb hard disks and Hauppauge tv card in. Microsoft Remote.

The TV card is a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1100 DVB-T/Hybrid which Linux
detects as a Conexant CX22702. Ok so far.

Ubuntu, 8.04 will not tune using it detects it fine, but can't get a
channel lock (Windows can so one does exists as does a digital box so
that's not the problem) After a bit of web searching I turned off HAL
and hmm it can now "Lock" but can't find any channels says its got
about a 27% signal quality too. Currently I've got Mythubuntu 8.04
installed.

Knoppmyth will not even boot, gets stuck detecting hardware.

This is all using 32bit versions, I still don't trust 64bit stuff yet,
But I spouse I could try that if people think it will help.

If you need any more details tell me what and I try and find it. I'm
usually quite advanced at Linux stuff, but this ones got me stumped

Any Help?

Regards

Peter Childs