[Klug-general] June Canterbury Synopsis

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 22:14:56 BST 2008

On Saturday 28th June we all met at Hall Place Canterbury for another
great meeting with 12 people attending.  Three people de-lurked for
this year so we continue our record.

The attendee's, their IRC nick and distro/audio player of choice were

Name		IRC Nick	Distro/Audio Player
Colin 		colin 		ubuntu/streaming music from web
Mike		bofh		any distro - xmms
Fish 				audacous
Richard			 	ubuntu
Shish	 			xmsx2
Paul 		paulie		gentoo/mocp
Spode				ubuntu/amarok
Karl B		sirkent		amarok
Kevin		serq		mythtv
Julia		katje		debian/athene/xmms
Dan		danbuntu	amarok
James		linux		amarok/mediaplayer

Linux commands and shell programming? by James Snyder
James did a talk about BASH, what it is (it's the Bourne again Shell'
apparently) and why we should learn it.  He also offered 10 accounts
to Linuxgym.com

Latex: from the Prosaic to the Bizarre by Julia
Julia did a talk about Latex and how to use it to process plain text
files to produce letters or invoices for example.

Presentation files will be uploaded to the website soon. (please can
the presenters send them to me)

We also reminded everyone about the Geek-E-Q on 12th July, to check
the mailing list for details and that our next meeting was going to be
at Dover Grammar School for Boys where we are going to start our
Documentation Project.

Thanks for all those who attended.