[Klug-general] KLUG Project

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 12:38:50 GMT 2008

Hi all,

When I originally started KLUG way back when, it was with the intention
for us to do some group projects, this did fall by the way side due to
lack of interest or decision on what to do.

Now the LUG has matured is it worth revisiting this idea?

The group has widened in numbers and quite possibly skills. Of course
the idea is not to just let the 'tech' members loose! With a wide life
and professional skills base everyone could put their bit in. All
projects need ideas people, testers, sales, marketing and projects and
not just designers and programmers etc.

No the point of it all could be something for release in the open source
for the purists, or what about, and dare I say it bring in some cash for
equipment/location funds and raise awareness of the LUG in Kent (and
beyond). For it to be a more commercial (ie paid for) product then it
might not have to be pure software but hardware etc...

Anyway I've woken from my long sleep and that's on my mind. If there is
no interest from the LUG as a whole then any interested parties contact
me direct as I have some interesting ideas. ;-)

Kev,