[Klug-general] KLUG Project

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:45:24 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Kevin Groves <
kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I originally started KLUG way back when, it was with the intention
> for us to do some group projects, this did fall by the way side due to
> lack of interest or decision on what to do.
>
> Now the LUG has matured is it worth revisiting this idea?
>
> The group has widened in numbers and quite possibly skills. Of course
> the idea is not to just let the 'tech' members loose! With a wide life
> and professional skills base everyone could put their bit in. All
> projects need ideas people, testers, sales, marketing and projects and
> not just designers and programmers etc.
>
> No the point of it all could be something for release in the open source
> for the purists, or what about, and dare I say it bring in some cash for
> equipment/location funds and raise awareness of the LUG in Kent (and
> beyond). For it to be a more commercial (ie paid for) product then it
> might not have to be pure software but hardware etc...
>
> Anyway I've woken from my long sleep and that's on my mind. If there is
> no interest from the LUG as a whole then any interested parties contact
> me direct as I have some interesting ideas. ;-)
>
> Kev,

You must have some terrible pillow head after your long sleep :-)
I think this is a great idea and am sure others would be interested.  I
can't code, program or script, but I could test and join in some other way.

We also have our www.kentlug.org server which we can use for testing,
experimenting, project files etc.

Colin