[Klug-general] Ashford TechTalk Topics

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Thu May 22 07:52:35 BST 2008

On 5/20/08, Karl Buckland <karl at digital-end.com> wrote:

> I'm currently putting a MythTV talk together. It's more an overview of what
> it is and what it does and pointers to help than an actual setup guide. I
> should be ready by the 31st...

An overview is good, it can lead into a good discussion like the talks have
in the past.

If anyone has anything specific they want answered in the talk then now
> would be a good time ;-)

My question would be about how to easily get downloaded video content over
to the MythTV box from another Windows or Linux computer.  I tried MythTV a
couple of years ago, but had no idea of SCP or SAMBA to get content on it.
Also being able to remotely control it and set up recordings over the
internet (if possible) would be interesting.
Colin