[Klug-general] SSL bug

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu May 22 20:21:21 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 20:03 +0100, Stuart Buckland wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 09:58 -0400, Karl Lattimer wrote:
>
> > Which company? Hmm... Don't want to say it out loud? Funny, every man and
> > his dog knows who I work for...
> >
> > Yeah, well I have real professionals around me all day long, what I hear at
> > morning coffee is quite a bit more advanced than anything I've ever heard
> > you talking about...
> >

> I can only hope some of their professionalism rubs off onto you over
> time.  The repeated swearing, use of insults and general tone of your
> mails reflect poorly on this group, on you and even on your employer (as
> you keep mentioning them).
>
> I'm sure we all understand your statements are your personal opinion and
> not the official stance of your employer however by repeatedly making
> reference to them as a means to provide weight to your opinions is not
> helping the differentiation.

I actually don't mention my employer by name once. Others mentioned
them however I do not, and I only mention the people I work with, as
their opinions count. So I think you should retract that.

Of course my opinions aren't that of my employer because my employer
doesn't have an opinion. My colleagues do, that's a different thing
entirely.

I don't actually understand how swearing bares any importance to my
argument. Profanity is a method of adding something to a statement. And
insults well, they're just for shits and giggles. If she wants to argue
with me, then I'll argue.

Nothing I have said reflects badly on me, or my employer. I have
expressed opinions which are that of myself and my colleagues neither of
this bares any relevance to the company I work for.

Swearing is common on the internet, and I have plenty of
professionalism, and conduct myself in a perfectly normal manner for
internet communications. I count 3 profane words, and maybe 3 insults in
my messages. All are justified opinions or statements which are used to
increase the impact. So I don't see any repeated swearing, profanity is
used once as a passing comment, once as part of an insult, and once as
part of a commanding statement common on the internet.

You should realise that I know how to conduct myself, I have been
through countless hours of training on this and haven't broken any
company rules.

Simply put, don't tell your granny how to suck eggs. Working for a
company does not take away my freedom.

Here's a quote from good ol' Ben, "Who is the more foolish, the fool or
the fool who follows them"

K,