[Klug-general] SSL bug

Wayne browns.postbox at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:21:40 BST 2008

On Thu, 22 May 2008 09:58:13 +0100
"Colin McCarthy" <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Karl, while it is good to highlight security issues and possible rub
> it in people's faces a little, can we all try and do it with the
> typing of rude words.
> This is a friendly family list remember :-)
> We don't have a fixed code of conduct, but it's nice if we can be
> relatively pleasent to one another.
> Thanks
> Colin

Reading on the rest of this thread makes me concerned. Speaking only
for myself I find the tone and language used by a minority appalling;
the people I talk to and the sites I visit do not regularly use such
language and personal attacks. This can do no good at all for the image
of KLUG.
Many years ago I was told the best way to use email is 'imagine the
person you are emailing is standing in front of you and you are talking
to them', I find this has served me well.

I would like to suggest we see how many people also feel this
way and if so introduce a code of conduct, if on the other hand it's
felt generally OK to carry on this way then so be it; I have at least
made my feelings felt.

Regards,
Wayne.