[Klug-general] SSL bug

Peter Frost P.Frost at kent.ac.uk
Fri May 23 09:36:42 BST 2008

Wayne wrote:
> I would like to suggest we see how many people also feel this
> way and if so introduce a code of conduct, if on the other hand it's
> felt generally OK to carry on this way then so be it; I have at least
> made my feelings felt.

Speaking as someone who is fairly new to the list, I have to say that if
I hadn't already attended a meeting (where I found KLUG members to be a
pleasant lot) then I'd have been put off from ever attending KLUG after
reading this thread. It reads like Linux threads of old - lots of macho
posturing and a lack of respect for others' intelligence and feelings. I
  think the Linux community in general has managed to grow up a bit
recently and I think KLUG should be sure to follow that example.

Pete