[Klug-general] Geeka Masala Tours To Maidstone

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:40:35 UTC 2008

rich-ayres at tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Karl &George
>  I admit it was my fault for not advising that I was coming, but it
> was a last minute decision on my part, and being a country mouse, I
> didn't anticipate the size of the venue. I spent some time wandering
> around the various tables trying to overhear some snatches of geek-
> speak, but after a while I started to attract suspicious glances
> especially as the bulk of the clientelle were dressed up for a night
> out, while I tend to favour the "Michael Foot Look" aka "the unmade
> bed". If it were not for the fact that I have made contact with a few
> of you before, I would be tempted to put you in the UFO category, or at
> least having an existence only in cyberspace!!
>      In reality however I am just a sad old shambling wreck,
> staggering from one day to the next, forgetting appointments, mislaying
> papers, and making a nuisance of myself, so actually finding the
> Conference Rooms was an achievement in itself!! Hoping for a lucid
> moment to enable me to find you all on the 28th (only kidding) - 29th
> Regards R

Ok, how about this, seeing as we are both from out in the sticks - you
from Woodchurch (where my flatmate was a scout leader) and me from
cranbrook i'll try to make it in on the 29th. I dont go to many meetings
because I have to go everywhere by bus (epileptic) but I know most
people and I can make sure that you get to the right place because I
know central Maidstone well.

FWIW there is another of us in the sticks as well, Hawkhurst, but I
can't remember whom.

George