[Klug-general] The desktop, the future...

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Sun Nov 16 18:18:57 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 17:55 +0000, Dan Attwood wrote:
> i'd be interested in taking part in this testing as i've seen some of
> the mock ups and i'm intrigued. to be honest i'm not sure it's the
> answer but i'll keep and open mind.

Actually there is a core of us that are just ignoring mockups right now,
the mockups are actually more about the underlying technology than the
interaction principles.

I've been campaigning to stop the mockups which are essentially the wet
dreams of some people. We want to work from a usability, ux, hci
perspective.

> as for the thing i hate in gnome - f you open a zipped file and drag
> the contents onto the desktop it doesnt stay in the place you dragged
> it to - grrrrr

This is a good one! It highlights the test I mentioned regarding the
apple lisa desktop. If things go to and come from where you tell them
to, visually then it is more descriptive of what is actually happening.

BR,