[Klug-general] one server or to have dedicated servers for each task?

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:58:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Etenil <etenil at etenilsrealm.nl> wrote:

> Hi girls and guys,
>
> I'd need an opinion about a problem I'm facing. I need to host our
> company's email, website and shared directories (samba shares actually)
> on the web. However, I wonder if it is best to have all on one server or
> to have dedicated servers for each task?

Hi  Guillaume
I have created a new subject line for this as it's a separate topic.  I
guess it would depend on the load these servers would get.  What sort of
traffic are they going to get?

Also if you put all your eggs in one server and it crashes you loose all
your services.  Hope that translates into French ok :-)

Colin