[Klug-general] No eth0 - got me stumped!

Jeremy Hooks jeremyhooks at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:12:17 UTC 2008

Hi George.

Just to add my tuppence.  My system currently has 8139cp and 8139too loaded
and dhcpcd doesn't have any difficulty.  I am currently running openSUSE 11,
but have run various Ubuntu's previously without problems, though I didn't
check which modules it was running.

Just to say that running cp and too at the same time isn't necessarily a
problem.  mii-tool/mii-diag my be worth a try if you have it to hand.  I
can't remember any of the options for these tools - it is a long time since
I have used mii-tools, and I can't seem to find a package for them for
openSUSE.

Regards.

Jeremy.