[Klug-general] KLUG October Meeting

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:30:56 UTC 2008

After some discussion this morning on IRC, a plan has been suggested for
meeting up during and after the Linux Live Expo in London next Saturday.  As
people are coming at different times and from different places, any plan
would not fit everyone, however we feel this one seems good enough :-)

1) For those going early.  I personally will be going early and be there for
the 10am opening.  A few others are also going early.  I plan to be at the
Starbucks underneath Charing Cross Station (its next to a Subway on the road
that leads down to Embankment tube, however there is a Starbucks opposite
Embankment tube and one at the top opposite Charing Cross, but the one under
it is the best) at 9am for a toasted breakfast sandwich, pastry and grande
black Americano.  Others are planning on joining me there.  We will then
take the tube or No9 bus (possibly quicker) to Olympia and be there at 10am.

For people going straight to Olympia in the morning, I suggest we try and
meet by the IBM stand at 10.30.

2) For those going in the afternoon.   We suggest you all try and meet up at
the IBM stand at 2pm.

3) For those meeting for a drink.  We will meet at 6pm outside Charing Cross
Station next to the pointly monument thing in the carpark inside the boundy
of the station.  It was suggested we meeet and drink around Charing Cross,
as it's then easy for people to get home afterwards and close to that
station, or can easily get to Victoria etc.

I recommend either of two pubs close to Charing Cross Station, they are The
Porterhouse (
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/36/366/Porterhouse/Covent_Garden) and
The Maple Leaf (
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/37/373/Maple_Leaf/Covent_Garden) both
in Maiden Lane and 5mins from Charing Cross.  Both these places do
reasonably priced food and a GREAT selection of beers.  Other suggestions
welcome.

If you are going, and want to meet up with people, it's probably best you
email off list and exchange mobile numbers with the people going at your
time and you want to meet up with.

So hows that idea people?

Colin