[Klug-general] KLUG October Meeting Synopsis

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 09:26:17 UTC 2008

Hi, here is a brief synopsis of KLUG's October meeting.

This month we meet up on Saturday 25th October at the Linux Live Expo held
at Olympia, London.
Mike, Colin, Dan (Monseuirle), Spode, Nathan and Guilaume meet at Starbucks
in Charing Cross at 9am for coffee and breakfast and then moved on via the
tube to Olympia.
We got there in time for the 'Key Note' speech by a Ubuntu employee, which
we mostly enjoyed.  During the Key Note we had a new member 'Matt' delurked
which has kept up this years record of delurkers at meetings.  During the
next talk from IBM, which was about IBM allowing employees to use any OS
they wanted and how Lotus Notes works well on Linux, we meet up with Paul
and a new KLUG member Gavin.  Then at midday we meet up with Dan (Danbuntu).

The Expo was not as large or busy as many of us would have hoped for, but
there were many free CD's and leaflets to collect and nerdy T-shirts to buy
:-)

The KLUGGERS did their own thing in London for the afternoon, until 6pm when
Mike, Spode, Dan (Monseuirle), Peter, James (a new member) and Colin meet up
again at Charing Cross to look for a place to eat and drink.  The suggested
pubs were too packed for us to enter (obviously good pubs) so Mike took
control of the team and lead us to a wonderful watering hole under Waterloo
Station, which was called 'Wellington at Waterloo'.  It served good food and
some great ale called 'Wicked Witch' which we all seemed to enjoy.  So much
so they ran out just before last call.

Please add your own comments and links to photos and videos of the day.