[Klug-general] Booting Options

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Mon Sep 15 13:52:10 UTC 2008

> > 1) to divert the boot process to a Cd at GRUB stage or is it already
> > committed to load from hard drive?

Yes all you need to do is chainload to the correct device, you can do
this from the grub command line, check out how grub handles windows dual
boot machines, its the same process to boot from the cd drive.

> > 2)Can I boot from the current OS (DSL) , mount CDrom do an install
> > from a live disc or iso image of the required system?

Mounting it won't help, you'd need to use kexec to boot into the boot
kernel on the CD iso... this is a pain in the arse, best off going for
the first option.

K,