[Klug-general] The Wonders Of MythTV

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Sun Apr 26 14:28:52 UTC 2009

On 26/04/09 Peter Childs wrote:
> Spent most of last night reinstalling my MythServer......
>
> Its always had a few quirks since I set it up following last year Myth
> Talk. Now after a reinstall last night it works perfectly

Jolly good  :-)

> When I installed it orignally my TV card was a pain with a recompile
> of video for linux, now with 9.04 Mythbuntu it "just works"

My friend Gavin will be trying Mythbuntu 9.04 this week, and I am guessing it will be even easier than 8.10.

> anyway. Want to get radio times working if poss Paul said he had some
> instructions on his wiki, So what is the address of that? (Thank Paul
> in advance)

OK, I am still writing this...

http://www.indie-it.com/wiki/index.php/MythTV_Paully

...but it is a start. Keep checking back and I will mail the list when the Radio Times bit is finished - which may be tonight (if I can do the other things I have to do first!)

I have successfully used my .sql script on 2 other mythtv installations and it worked a treat - saving about an hour's work.

> Oh on the subject of get-iplayer, great utility, works fine so long as
> the program you want is still there. (which was our problem at the
> meet) found a myth plugin called mythvodka to plug it in to myth,
> don't work but great in theory.

Just installed, tested, working, marvellous!

> In short it works fine out the box, You then spend ages getting it to
> work just so...

Indeed, which is why I started writing the wiki. There is plenty of documentation 'out there' but not in the way I wanted it.

Also on the Wiki will be...

DVD, AVI, MPG, VOB --> Ipod MP4

:-)

Paully