[Klug-general] The Wonders Of MythTV

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Sun Apr 26 11:20:01 UTC 2009

Spent most of last night reinstalling my MythServer......

Its always had a few quirks since I set it up following last year Myth
Talk. Now after a reinstall last night it works perfectly

When I installed it orignally my TV card was a pain with a recompile
of video for linux, now with 9.04 Mythbuntu it "just works" small
tweek to get myth to talk to the 2nd front end but thats minor (My TV
card is a HVR3000 with both DVB-S and DVB-T but not at once, Myth
can't cope with talking to /dev/adapter0/frontend1 etc, so a few sym
links fixes that....) (I did not pay for the TV card so I don't really
care, that I can't use the sat bit of it, lack of saterlight dish is a
good point)

anyway. Want to get radio times working if poss Paul said he had some
instructions on his wiki, So what is the address of that? (Thank Paul
in advance)

Oh on the subject of get-iplayer, great utility, works fine so long as
the program you want is still there. (which was our problem at the
meet) found a myth plugin called mythvodka to plug it in to myth,
don't work but great in theory.

In short it works fine out the box, You then spend ages getting it to
work just so.....

Peter.