[Klug-general] The Wonders Of MythTV

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 27 09:07:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 21:06 +0100, Stuart Brand wrote:
> Well I'd like to say that it all went perfectly, but it didn't...
>
> I've never really liked Ubuntu for its lack of support for drivers
> and
> speed, and it shows with Mythbuntu, oh except for the speed part, if
> the basic installer had support for my vga card then I could tell you.

Bummer.

> Mythdora on the other had worked perfectly, all my drivers were
> there
> without the need to compile and I had 2 systems, a front end from an
> old laptop and a server for the backend, and it was all running and
> ripping in less then an hour, very nice.

Well, now that is very interesting. I am not opposed to using something
else that gets the same job done in the end.

In fact, I am just switching from Mint to Sabayon... so maybe this is
the time to switch everything!

(Hell, I am even typing this message in Evolution!)

I am really glad you have a working front and back MythTV setup. It's
really nice. Only this morning, I decided to record a few programs I
hadn't seen in ages just 'for the hell of it'...

...Kojak, Space 1999, The Saint - all on today.

:-)

Paully