[Klug-general] KLUG OS

AllenJB allen at allenjb.me.uk
Wed Apr 29 16:42:21 UTC 2009

Stuart Brand wrote:
> A website would be good, for the tutorials
>
> the user would still need to download a distro regardless, may as well be ours so we have a reference point for the tutorials and help
While in theory this may give *us* (the LUG) a good reference point,
assuming the entire LUG decides to learn this new distro (I know I won't
- I'm too busy working with and for my current distro and preferred
applications - and that's just my limited free time), it's going to be
absolutely terrible for anyone else to support.

Why not use an existing popular distro for which there is already a
large amount of good documentation, such as Gentoo or Ubuntu? This way,
not only is there almost certainly going to be someone in the LUG who
can help with support, there will definitely be documentation and
support from outside the LUG too.

AllenJB