[Klug-general] ISPs

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 3 10:52:58 UTC 2009

AllenJB wrote:
>> Virgin Media are terrible. We're on their 10M cable package (in Ashford)
>> and I just about get 2M down / 0.25 up (Not throttled).
>  >
>> Allen
>
> A small, rare correction in VM's favor (sort of). After some
> investigation, it turns out Virgin Media never got around to doing the
> 10Mb upgrades last year and didn't start until May this year. I've now
> applied our household for the free upgrade, so hopefully I'll be seeing
> a significant speed increase this week.
>
> AllenJB

I'm a Virgin Media customer and seem to get about 8 Mbps most of the
time in a service which has never failed (except when some drunk drove
her car into the green box down the street - it was replaced within 48
hours with a proportional refund). So generally I'm quite satisfied.

But, I saw an advert recently saying that the 10Mbps service is
available for ?10 per month for the first 3 months and then ?15. So how
come I'm paying ?25?

Time for a query methinks.

Mike R