[Klug-general] Raid....

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Mon Aug 10 09:07:56 UTC 2009

I'm looking for some up to date documentation on Software RAID its
just the Howtos look super ancient and nothing else seams to look
right.

I've basically figurere it out now, but I'm still trying to fill in a
few gaps. Like in RAID 1 if the disks don't match but the disk does
not moan of an error exactly what happens (Everything seams to say
"the highest numbered disk is used")

I'm more than happy to put together a talk on RAID and LVM at some
point if anyone wants to know, or maybe someone else has more
knowledge than me.....

Also fdisk, how do the units work as I've got a 122G disk and a 250G
disk which I want partions on of the same size, but the units are
different, So wants the best way of specify the sizes, and also
ensuring that my raid volume is the size I want even if the partion(s)
I'm putting it on currently is bigger due to the layout of the disk.

Peter.