[Klug-general] Moniters

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Wed Aug 26 06:54:49 UTC 2009

I have a number of wide screen monitors and a number of computers
connected to them.

Different ones need setting to

1152x768, 1280x768 or 1360x768

depending on which make of Monitor and which graphics card is in use.

In the old days I had everything set to 1024x768 and it was fine, but
on a wide screen it looks stretched so I'm trying to fix this where I
can.

The standard res for Wide screen seams to be 1440x900 but that mucks
up the fonts and makes everything too small, and still does not work
with every graphics card.

Is there some standard way to set this up, So everything is the same?

I already have to set the display size so that I get 75x75 dpi fonts
all the time......

Peter.