[Klug-general] ipv6?

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Thu Dec 10 14:15:52 UTC 2009

Should I bother setting up my machine (debian stable + debian testing +
kubuntu installs) for ipv6. Other than it allows quadrillions of ip
address and ipv4 addresses are running out I can't see why I'd want it.

from reading this page:
http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/ipv6-connectivity.html

it seems I don't have "Native IPv6 connectivity" (bt total broadband)
and from then on in things get progressively more complex which makes me
wonder why I should bother?

Other than being able to see an animated turtle (
http://en.linuxreviews.org/Why_you_want_IPv6#Links_to_pages_with_tools_that_may_help_you_on_your_way
)
what advantages will I get from ipv6 and for a fairly networking-ignorant
user as myself, is it worth it?

James.