[Klug-general] Messing with routers in ignorance

James Blake jimmyblake at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:10:32 UTC 2009

You can diasy change wireless routers, some support a proprietary way of doing it or you can use routers that support the 'open standard'  Wireless Distribution System (WDS).  I've put 'open standard' in brackets as interoperability between different vendor's WDS implementation can be tricky.

Its not just a case of switching both routers on, you'll need to set one up as a master and the other one as a satellite in the router's WDS settings.  I've actually found the easiest routers to configure for this are the Apple AirPort Extreme as a master and AirPort Express as satellites.

James