[Klug-general] Crunchy throwable meteorology

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Sat Dec 19 14:57:05 UTC 2009

Journey from Dover to Charing yesterday was the quickest in months with
very little on the roads, no snow until around Ashford. M20/J9 things
started getting interesting. Charing was a bit messed up. People from
Maidstone way did not get in, someone from Aylesford took several hours
to get in. On from Appledore took thre hours. Snow started at 2pm quite
heavy.

Journey home was much the same but got stuck outside Dover for half an
hour due to overturned lorry. Heavy snow even in central Dover over
night. Deal I hear was badly hit, Whitfield stuck in a blizzard.

Dover has been grid locked (went out this morning and just now - nothing
moving) all day due to the port of Calais being shut. Can't get out of
the street as nothing moving on any of the roads, plus power cuts across
half of the town, we're not affected but traffic lights are.

Supposed to be in Tonbridge today but no chance. Got a gig there
tomorrow night and I'm suspecting that might not happen either (the
group will be on their way from a gig in Birmingham tonight).

So today, went to the shops, had a snow ball fight  with my boy and just
got back from a family snow ball fight.

Kev,